An overview of Anne-Marie's career
Anne-Marie is an entrepreneur, investor and publicist in the field of sustainability. She is owner and initiator of the independent platform Duurzaamheid.nl and of '17 doelen die je deelt' (the 17 goals you share), an initiative that introduces the Sustainable Development Goals to the people of the Netherlands. Before that, Anne-Marie started up the successful company Search Ingenieursbureau.
In the past years, she has published various books, such as Geld stuurt de wereld; jij bepaalt de koers (translation: Money rules the world; you determine the direction), a quest on our way to sustainable investing. She gives lectures on a regular basis and is asked for her opinion in the media regarding (circular) entrepreneurship, the Sustainable Developement Goals en sustainable investing. Anne-Marie is actively engaged in different boards and initiatives like Koning Willem I Prijs, Human Cities Coalition, Transitieagenda Consumptiegoederen (circular economy), SDG Charter, De Groene Zaak and Slum Dwellers International.
In 2000, Anne-Marie was awarded Businesswoman of the Year. From that moment onwards, she became a popular speaker for conferences and events in which the themes circular entrepreneurship, sustainable (urban) environment, energy transition, the Sustainable Development Goals, innovation and sustainable investing play an important role. She is also asked for her opinion on these topics in the media frequently.
In order to share her knowledge with a broad audience, she wrote the books:
- Geld stuurt de wereld - Jij bepaalt de koers (about social responsible investing)
- De kracht van duurzaam veranderen (about sustainable organizational change)
- Nieuwe Energie – Nederland na het fossiele tijdperk (about renewable energy)
- De winst van duurzaam bouwen (about sustainable building)
- Duurzaam herbestemmen kàn (about sustainable reallocation)
- Duurzaam ontwikkelen… een wereldkans (about sustainable development)
Anne-Marie is often asked to contribute to (online) platforms regarding sustainability, sustainable living environment, Sustainable Development Goals, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Actively involved in sustainable initiatives
Moreover, Anne-Marie is always active in various boards, committees and initiatives. Currently, these are:
- Koning Willem I Prijs – Board member of the Koning Willem I Prijs and chairman of the jury of the Koning Willem I Plaquette voor Duurzaam Ondernemerschap
- Transitieagenda consumptiegoederen - Government Programme Nederland Circulair in 2050 - Chairman
- SDI Nederland - Partner
- SDG Charter - Board member
- De Groene Zaak - Board member
- Human Cities Coalition – Board member
- Innovatielink - Voorzitter Supervisory Board
- Nijmegen Green Capital 2018 - Supervisory Board
- TNO Leefomgeving – Member strategic advisory
- Worldconnectors - Member
- Cirkelstad - Alderman
- Worldconnectors - Member
Furthermore, Anne-Marie is part of Stichting Urgenda, Amsterdamse Duurzaamheidsraad and the Advisory Board of the Club van Rome. She has a supervisory role at Qurrent and Van der Velden Rioleringsbeheer.
Business Angel for sustainable enterprises
Anne-Marie supports promising companies in start-up or growth phase, this can be financially or with entrepreneurial advice.
- NewFoss; bio based products and techniques
- Felyx: electric scooters to share in Amsterdam
- Bundles: subscriptions for home appliance